How pretty are these!!!
Just looking at these make me so happy. I baked them for my office party and they were gone within 2 minutes….. not kidding. They look really delicate and complicated, but truth be told they are one of the easiest treats I’ve ever made. And they are absolutely delicious and always a hit at a party. Perfect for any Holiday party 🙂 🙂
- 2 red apples, cored and sliced as thin as possible
- squeeze of lemon juice, half a lemon
- flour, to dust
- 2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a muffin pan and set aside.
- Put the apples in a shallow bowl with the lemon juice and 2-3 cups of water, enough to cover the apples. Microwave for 3-4 minutes. This will help soften the apples for easy roll ups.
- Heat the apricot preserve with a splash of water in the microwave for about 45 seconds. It should become a thick syrup.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Dust the work surface, roll out the pastry dough and cut into 4 strips.
- Take a strip of dough and brush with the apricot mixture. Place a few slices of apples, overlapping each other, halfway to the strip. Sprinkle on some of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Fold the bottom half of the dough up (see above picture) and roll gently and lightly. Rolling them too tightly may cause the apples to break.
- Place them in the muffin pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Dust some powdered sugar on top.