I have made many variations of chicken salad, as chicken is like a blank canvas that picks up any flavor you add, but this is hands down my favorite recipe.
This is a fool proof, no fail, crowd pleasing recipe that is can be served in many different ways. I’ve used this recipe to make sandwiches, as well as appetizers served on endives and sliced cucumbers. It’s a little spicy, but the addition of the dried cranberries really balance off the spiciness. I also add cucumber to add some crunch and act as a cooling agent.
Seriously, you can’t go wrong with this recipe 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups of roasted chicken, cubed
- 1/2 – 1/3 cup of light mayonnaise, depending on how creamy you like it
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp spicy green pepper, finely chopped. Your choice of jalapeño or Basque Fryer. (**this is completely optional)
- 1/2 lime, juiced **see notes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything in a bowl, gently not to break the chicken too much. Set aside. **see notes
- Serve on you choice of chewy bread. Garnish with baby arugula or romaine lettuce. Pairs really well with red wine 🙂
- If the curry flavor is too strong for you, add more lime juice. This will help cool down the curry flavor and the spiciness from the chopped pepper.
- This tastes much better if you let it sit for at least 2 hours to over night. This helps everything to kind of mingle and develop flavors.