Full disclosure — I do not heart baking :/
I love roasting, broiling, but I dislike baking, only because I feel like I have no control once I put something in the oven… what’s done is done and we’ll see how it comes out.
However, give me some fresh, warm bread… I’m in heaven. I can make a meal out of some good warm bread. And this easy 2-3 ingredient recipe is my savior when I am in much need of some fresh bread but don’t want to do any kneading.
I say 2-3 ingredients because you can take out the baking powder if you have some self rising flour on hand. Another great thing about this recipe, is that you can use yogurt, greek yogurt, or even sour cream and you’ll get the same delicious results.
This is a no fail, no brainer, bread recipe that is impressive, easy, and DELICIOUS!
- 1 cup flour; extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a fork until all combined.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface. Use your hand to knead the dough until mostly smooth, adding more flour as needed. Divide the dough into 3 portions, cover with a plastic wrap and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin and flour to dust, roll out each piece of dough to your desired thickness, about 1/8″. This part, the shape or the thickness, doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Cook each bread about 2 minutes on one side, until you see bubbles, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes, until browned.
- Optional, once off the heat rub with some butter 🙂