Ever plan for a dinner where you are so focused on the main dish that you forget all about the side dish? Happens to me ALL THE TIME. And every time that happens I turn to my trusty roasted potatoes recipe. Actually, to tell you the truth there is no specific recipe for roasted potatoes. I literally grab any leftover herbs, seasonings that I am cooking the main dish with and just toss the potatoes in them with some oil and….. BAM!! It also just ties everything together when you use the same spices as the main dish. And you like the super planner that you’re not … tehehe!
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and heat it in the oven while you prepare the potatoes, about 5-6 minutes. This prevents the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- Toss everything together and bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly brown and crispy on the edges. Use a spatula to flip the potatoes 15 minutes into baking to get even browning.
- Serve while hot.