Doesn’t corn just scream summer to you?… it does for me. Can’t have a summer party without some corn. While I love just plain ‘ol corn on the cob with some butter, this just is such a crowd pleaser. A bit spicy, a bit salty, a bit creamy… I can eat bowls of this.
- 1 pack of frozen corn4 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves; chopped
- 2 tbsp of chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a shallow, large pan on high heat. Add the corn and toss until slightly charred, about 7-8 minutes.
- Once done, let the corn cool. Then add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
It’s really that simple. 🙂 🙂 🙂