I was first introduced to this sauce at a Cuban restaurant and I know this is a Peruvian sauce, but full disclosure, I use this on EVERYTHING from every cuisine!
I love drizzling this on my tacos, I use it on spicy Indian dishes. This creamy, cilantro-y sauce goes on anything spicy.
- 1 bunch of cilantro (stems and all)
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and oil in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Stir in mayo. Salt and pepper to your taste. **See notes
- You can add the mayo in the blender, but it tends to get too thin for my preference. I like to stir in the mayo, so I can have more control of the amount of mayo I add and control the thickness.
- You can store the sauce with a saran wrap, in a tight container, in the fridge for up to 1 week.