I use this 2 ingredient recipe to make jams with any kind of fruits, especially berries, that’s been laying around and just about to go bad. Blackberries, blueberries, figs the possibilities are endless. And who doesn’t love freshly made jam!?
- 2 cups of seedless grapes
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar (according your preference of sweetness) **See notes
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Add the grapes and sugar in a sauce pan, over medium low heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Until the grapes release all their juices.
- Use a fork and mash the grapes to a pulp. Simmer for 5 more minutes, until it’s syrupy and turn off the heat. **See notes
- Pour into a jar and let cool.
- The amount of sugar depends on the type of sugar you use. I use raw sugar which is a bit sweeter than white sugar. I would start with 1/2 cup then add more as needed to taste.
- Cooking time depends on your preference of thickness. Keep in mind the jam thickens quite a bit once it cools, so take it off the heat before it gets to close to your preference.