Avocado toast… it’s all the rage now. And it definitely deserves all the bragging rights; it’s filling, super healthy and oh so versatile. **Fun fact: avocado provides about 20 of your daily essential vitamins! I love avocado toast at just about any time of the day. This is my go to breakfast version. It’s got so much flavor, with the garlic chips, chili flakes, cilantro… it’s a fiesta in your mouth 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Few cilantro leaves, torn
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- A squeeze of lime (optional)
- 2 slices of bread, toasted (I used pumpernickel, you can use any kind you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over low heat and add the garlic. Fry for about 20 seconds, until the garlic starts to sizzle, but don’t let it brown. Drop the eggs in, slowly so the yolk doesn’t break, and sprinkle all over with salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the edges are crispy. I like to cook the eggs one at a time to get the perfect individual shapes, but you certainly don’t have to.
- Layer the avocado slices on the toasted bread, squeeze a bit of lime juice on the avocado and sprinkle a little bit of salt.
- Top it with the egg and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.