Sangria…. possibly one of my favorite summer drinks (and fall, and winter…. 🙂 )
Of course as a busy city girl, many of my recipes are semi-homemade. This isn’t any different, I use sangria wine instead of red wine to get a head start. But when the fresh marinated fruits are added, this stuff is just soul satisfying. I am not ashamed to say that I’ve finished a whole bottle by myself, in one night :/
Another best part about this drink, it’s even better the next day 🙂
- 1 750 ml bottle of your favorite sangria wine, I always use http://yagosantgria.com/
- 1/4 cup of brandy (optional, but you definitely need it to get that buzz on a weekend 😉 )
- 1 large orange, halved for the juice
- 1 small orange, cut into small pieces
- 1 peach, cut into small pieces
- 1 red apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Juice one large orange then add the cut up fruits, sugar and brandy. Muddle with a wooden spoon and let it marinate for about 2 hours to overnight.
- Add the marinated fruits (along with all the juicy goodness of course) in a pitcher and pour in the Sangria wine.
- Serve chilled and just lay back and 🙂