How pretty is that taco? And it tastes just as good 🙂 🙂
Growing up in Queens, NY has taught me well about authentic tacos. The taco trucks under the 7 train have always been my go to spot for a late night snack/meal. These tacos are so simple and fresh. They are never loaded with cheese or sour cream, just simple salsa, onions and various spicy sauce that’s freshly made. You never feel guilty or bloated after eating a FEW of these.
This taco recipe is very much inspired by the tacos I get from the trucks. I used some leftover spicy skirt steak and topped it with fresh onion relish and some avocado sauce. It’s absolutely delightful.
- One large onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Sauce (Optional)
- Toss everything for the relish together until mixed well.
- Top flour tortillas with sliced steak, onion relish and drizzle with the avocado sauce.