Not much to say about this, except that it’s amazing. I’ve made this numerous times and it’s practically fool proof. The original recipe didn’t call for it, but Sammys Kitchen suggested a hint of lemon (thanks Sammy 🙂 ) and trust me you don’t want to skip it. Something about blueberries and lemon, they just go really well together. Can’t stop making these!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and completely cooled
- 2 eggs (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature (the temperature is very important otherwise the butter may curdle)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon) and zest of one lemon; optional
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk butter, eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients along with the lemon juice and zest.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a knife comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.