This was a pleasant accidental success. I was going for escargot chocolat-pistache, cuz I can’t get my recent trip to Paris out of my head, but totally messed it up. The dough wasn’t moist, I used the wrong type of dough. But it made for some delicious crispy treats 🙂
- 2 sheets of puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sugar on a baking sheet. Place one sheet of puff pastry on the sugar, press firsmly so that the sugar is pressed into the pastry.
- Chop the cranberries and pistachios together, this might get a little sticky which is okay. Spread out half of this mixture on the puff pastry.
- Start on one end of the pastry and roll the pastry tightly. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry. Put the rolls back in the fridge if it gets too soft to handle.
- With a sharp knife, slice the pastry into 3/8″ slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to leave space between each, as the puff pastry will expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the sugar on the bottom is golden and caramelized. With a thin turner or spatula, flip the cookies over, then bake for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.