Trust me… your summer party will stand out for all the right reasons.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a classic all beef slider, but by the 4th bbq of the summer…. #IJustCan’t !! The tuna slider is such a great alternative to a regular beef slider. It’s healthier, lighter and is packed with a lot of flavors.
I love cooking with fish, it’s so light, there’s a ton of room for other flavorful spices. I used all Indian spices in this recipe, but I’ve made this with Italian spices and it’s just as good.
I love to serve it with a Sriracha Aioli for some extra flavors. This aioli is EVERYTHING!
- 2 cans of tuna (strained of all the liquid, this is very important)
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped jalapeño
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 slice of bread of your choice (I used one of the potato rolls I had handy), soaked in water then squeezed of all the liquid.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Potato rolls or any roll of your choice
- Mix everything together. If your mixture isn’t binding enough, add another egg yolk or more soaked bread. Form the mixture into patties and put them in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan over low heat. You want the heat low, so the patties cook all the way through. Add the patties and fry on low heat until cooked through and brown on both sides, about 10 minutes per side. Once done, put the patties on paper towel.
- Toast the rolls, layer on the patties and top with Sriracha Aioli.