Time to take it easy on the stomach and “detox” after a whole weekend of ribs, steaks, burger and everything that comes with it :/
Memorial day weekend can be tough on the body. I spent the whole weekend hiking and kayaking with 3 boys, needless to say all they wanted to eat was burgers and fries… oh and ribs. I don’t think I ever craved a bowl of salad as badly as I did by the end of the weekend.
This recipe was adapted from Huy .
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
Salad (This is completely per your preference)
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- Romain leaves, about 2 cups
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Handful of crushed peanuts
- Mix all the ingredients listed with chicken and marinate for 8 hours to overnight.
- Take the chicken out and let it come to room temperature. Heat a grill pan on high. Cook the chicken, about 6 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked through depending on the thickness of your chicken. **See notes about baking.
- Arrange the salad in a bowl and top with the chicken.
- Serve it with your favorite Asian style dressing, my favorite is this Garlic Lime Dressing